- It’s cold in Austin! Who knew?
- The post from ACU Pschology professor Richard Beck on Christians and drinking got a lot play on Facebook.
“A second way post-evangelicals drink neurotically is when the drinking becomes a sign of superiority, even a large part of your identity. Drinking, in this instance, is a sign of theological sophistication. When you drink you signal that you are more enlightened than those conservative Christians with bad atonement theology.”
Read the whole article at Experimental Theology.
- Got Buffer up and running again, and I’m enjoying sharing content on Facebook (friend me!) and Twitter (Follow, please!)
- Tomorrow is the Day of the Doctor, the 50th anniversary special of Doctor Who.
- Recently met a guy who makes a living off of being extroverted. Interested to see it in action.
- Ecclesia Network buddy Zach Hoag is featuring a series of guests posts written by boots-on-the-ground missional leaders.
- Austin-based Podcaster Shane Blackshear has a great interview with Sarah Bessey, the Jesus Feminist. You need to subscribe.
- I have a few more pieces for Explore God coming out next week. I hope they are helpful to those who are trying to figure out what they believe.
- Working on a separate website as a portfolio for freelance writing. I hope you’ll share it with friends.
- Holy Moly! The kids curriculum we use at Austin Mustard Seed is so much fun. I’m thinking about using it in lieu of my own preaching.