At the beginning of each month I’m sharing about some plans I’ve made, with the hope it will hold me accountable. What are your plans this year?
1. Read the whole Bible. Knocked out Leviticus this morning. Definitely helps.
2. Run a full marathon. Check. Knees still hurt. The key now is create new fitness goals. I’ve been slackin.
3. Climb a 14,000′ Mountain. I really want to do this, but my financial situation will really have to change to make it happen.
4. Visit somewhere I’ve never been. See numero 3.
5. Find a full-time job. I’m praying a lot about this. I’m hoping God will provide a clear opportunity. Maybe even an alternative to a full time job that is more in line with my skills/passions.
6. Take at least one graduate course. Researching grad schools today, actually.
7. Read 40 books. I’m up to about 15, with Forgotten Ways and Spider and the Elephant in the hopper.
8. Volunteer at least 1 time a month. Had a great time with the families over at Foundation for the Homeless.
9. Pay off all debt, except school loans. Slowly but surely.
10. Share my faith regularly. I’ve had two really awesome chances to talk about my faith with non-believers recently. I’m praying for God to send others to follow up on that.
11. Begin leading and/or hosting a regular gathering for skeptics and Christians to study the Bible. Taking a big step in this direction this weekend. Definitely could use your prayers.
12. Write daily, including journaling, blogging and working on a book. Getting a little better at this, though there are more missing dates on my calendar than I’d like.