I was spending so much money buying myself iced coffee, I ended up investing in a Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker.
After asking around at a few of my favorite coffee shops, I landed on the Meritage, which local roaster Cuvee calls the “the soul of Cuvée Coffee Roasting Company.” They describe it as “sweet red fruit with a creamy body, malted chocolate & a spicy zinfandel finish.” I think of it as all the flavor of carmel, without all the sugar.
Here’s how I make it.
You will need:
- A Toddy Cold Brew Coffee Maker (although a good French Press will do.)
- A pound of Meritage.
- Mix filtered water and course ground coffee at a ratio of 4 cups of water for ever 6 ounces.
- Cover and brew for 24 hours.
- Pop out the cork and let it filter.
- Cut it with water, at a minimum of a 1 to 1 ratio.
- Serve over ice on a hot afternoon.