At the beginning of each month I’m sharing about some plans I’ve made, with the hope it will hold me accountable. What are your plans this year?
1. Read the whole Bible. Progress was slow this past month. I’ve got a lot of catch up to do.
2. Run a full marathon. Still need create new fitness goals. I’m struggling to find motivation post-marathon.
3. Climb a 14,000′ Mountain. Although I hate to give up on any of my plans this year, I don’t see this as a financial possibility in 2010.
4. Visit somewhere I’ve never been. See numero 3.
5. Find a full-time job. Got an interview coming up!
6. Take at least one graduate course. This is looking more and more likely.
7. Read 40 books. I’m somewhere in the 20s now. Right on track.
8. Volunteer at least 1 time a month. I volunteered a lot for my church community this past month. Good times.
9. Pay off all debt, except school loans. I’m pretty sure I can do this by the end of the month.
10. Share my faith regularly. Slowly having more and more opportunities for this. A key I’m learning is to be unbelievably counter-cultural.
11. Begin leading and/or hosting a regular gathering for skeptics and Christians to study the Bible. It takes a long time to build the relationships necessary for this one. I need to pray more regularly for it.
12. Write daily, including journaling, blogging and working on a book. Slacked off a bit this month, however I did revisit a book proposal I’ve been working on.